The concern about cooking with healthy pans is becoming more and more common. But what do we mean by healthy pans? No need to search for non-Teflon pans, Teflon itself is not toxic as long as PFOAS are not used. But we will talk about all that below.
By “healthy pans” we mean the pans that help us cook healthier dishes with toxic-free materials. It is logical that, if you want to carry out a healthier diet, you use utensils that help you in this task. In today’s article, we will recommend some of these healthy pans.
TYPES OF HEALTHY SKINS
Depending on what you want to get on your plate, there are different types of healthy pans, which differ in the material with which they are made. Some withstand high temperatures, others are non-stick so you can cook with little oil …
The most common materials for making healthy pans are stainless steel, iron, and aluminum with a PFOA-free nonstick. Many of you ask us if copper pans are toxic. By clicking on the previous link you will go to the entry that we have dedicated to that topic.
Today we are going to delve a little more into the qualities of the materials most used for cooking, so that you know all the advantages they offer.
THE HEALTHIER PAN
And we were not going to talk to you about healthy pans without recommending some good options for your kitchen. We will talk about three models, essential if you want to start cooking in a healthier way. First we expose it to you in a simple comparative table and then, if you want, we get to the point. Go for it!
IRON SKILLET LE CREUSET
If you are a lover of good food, knowing what to cook in a cast iron pan brings the best results to your preparations. This time we will talk about the Le Creuset cast iron skillet, one of the most valued on the market, as this brand is a specialist in working with cast iron in its products.
The brand was born in 1925 in the north of France, as it was a strategic position to be able to obtain all the necessary materials to create cast iron kitchen utensils: iron, sand and coal. Since then, the brand continues to use the same techniques to create its products, and has spread them around the world until it has become one of the most desired on the market for quality and aesthetics.
The essential characteristics of the Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet are listed below so that, before choosing, users can make a comparative analysis between this and the other models that can be found on the market.
- It has a diameter of 24 centimeters, a perfect measure for the preparation of any recipe.
- The exterior is glazed enamelled and can be found in different colors, from Marseille blue to Solei yellow.
- This frying pan is suitable to be used on any type of fire : gas, glass-ceramic, electric or induction.
- The brand offers an original guarantee on all its products.
- The pan is made of cast iron and comes with a wooden handle.
- It is easy to clean, requires minimal maintenance: Although it is made of iron, thanks to its vitrified enamel layer, it will never rust. From time to time, we recommend smearing a small amount of oil on the inside with the help of a paper so that over time it will gain in non-stickiness. The more it is used, the more natural non-stick it will have.
- It has no chemical non-stick, no PTFE or PFOAS. It is all 100% natural and its natural non-stickness improves over the years.
- She’s so sure. Thanks to its handle, possible burns are avoided, since wood is not a good conductor of heat and, therefore, does not heat up.
OUR TRUST STORE
See here the price of the Le Creuset frying pan
FISSLER CRISPY STEELUX COMFORT
Cooking is a field of innovation, and making dishes with different shapes and ingredients is almost an art. For this reason, a greater number of elements are on the market to be able to carry them out with different results. One of the options for cooking like a pro is to purchase a stainless steel skillet, such as the Crispy Steelux Comfort Skillet from Fissler.
Stainless steel pans are essential in the world of haute cuisine, and now you can also have them at home to cook exquisite dishes with incredible results. So that you can know more about it, below we will detail its most relevant characteristics
- It is made of high quality stainless steel, one of the best materials on the market.
- It has anti-spill edges to avoid any possible fright during cooking, as it prevents liquids from coming out easily.
- It has several dimensions available, to find a perfect size to cook any food.
- It is a frying pan suitable for all types of fires : gas, electric, glass-ceramic and induction. This is very important, because you can buy it no matter what type of kitchen you have.
- They are made in Germany and come with a 5-year warranty to ensure their customers use.
- Its design makes it ideal for cooking grilled meat, fish and vegetables; Thanks to its novogrill surface, juicy roasts are obtained, tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- These pans do not use any type of non-stick, so they are healthier; lacking this chemical compound, they are free of PFOA and PTFE.
- The non-stick effect is achieved thanks to the novogrill and the cooking temperature.
- It has a measuring scale inside, something very practical when cooking.
- Energy is saved thanks to the heat that quickly builds up in the pan, so fires should not be on for long.
- The superthermic diffuser bottom of these pans is composed of several layers that facilitate the distribution of heat.
- They are very easy to clean.
- It has a unique handle with an anti-flame protector and a design that makes it easy to grip.
OUR TRUST STORE
See here the price of the Fissler Steelux Comfort frying pan
DE BUYER MINERAL B ELEMENT
The frying pan is a key element in the kitchen. With them you can prepare practically any recipe. Users are increasingly demanding with what they buy and study every detail with meticulousness. One of the strong points to highlight of these Mineral B Iron Pans from Buyer is that they meet all health requirements, as they are free of PFOA and PTFE.
This new and revolutionary model has been manufactured to last a lifetime thanks to the technology it has and its modern production materials. It is made of 99% high quality iron ; In addition, it comes with a natural non-stick coating, which allows a greater healthiness in each preparation. If you are passionate about cooking, this model and this brand will enchant you for the results you will get. Next, we will detail the most relevant characteristics that this pan has:
- It is made of high quality iron, so the heat distribution is homogeneous and fast, which saves time and money.
- It has a wide range of diameters so that each user can choose the one that best suits their needs.
- The non-enameled iron pans, unlike the Le Creuset iron pans, require a series of special care and are not dishwasher safe. When they are used, they can be washed with soap and water, and then they must be smeared with a little oil. With this little routine, the pans will last a lifetime.
- It is suitable for all types of fires : gas, glass-ceramic, electric or induction.
- One of its most popular features is that the more it is used, the better it cooks ; This is because the darker it gets, the better its natural non-stick properties.
- It is free of PFOA and PTFE.
- It is a brand of great international prestige.
OUR TRUST STORE
See here the price of the De Buyer Mineral B frying pan
BRA TERRA FRYING PAN
This frying pan, from the Spanish brand BRA, is made of cast aluminum, and with the non-stick coating of Teflon Select , free of PFOAS. Thanks to the non-stick, it can be cooked using very little oil.
- Frying pan compatible with all types of kitchens.
- Dishwasher safe .
- Lightweight and ergonomic, thanks to the aluminum and the handle with silicone inserts.
- Diffuser bottom, which guarantees correct heat distribution.
The brand guarantees that PFOAS have not been used in its non-stick coating, in order to cook with the greatest guarantees.
TEFAL UNLIMITED SKILLET
This frying pan from the well-known Tefal brand is one of the best options if you really want to eat healthy. Its non-stick coating is chemical-free, made in France, and consequently meets the stringent quality standards of the European Union.
- It is an induction compatible skillet .
- Withstands high temperatures, and thanks to its titanium coating it is very, very resistant to scratches and cuts.
- It includes innovative technologies such as the diffuser bottom to heat faster and more evenly, ThermoSpot to indicate the ideal temperature for cooking and an ergonomic handle to make it easier to grip.
This skillet, of course, is 100% toxic free and does not use PFOAS.
BUYER MINERAL SKILLET B
The De Buyer brand has released this pan, made of iron, both the pan and the non-stick. It is a French brand, with several years of experience in the sector. It is a simple and traditional frying pan , but it fulfills its function like any of the latest technology.
- Thanks to the iron, they are durable and resistant pans .
- They are compatible with all types of cookers, including oven.
- Helps you save energy. It reaches high temperatures, so you can put out the fire, and your food will continue to cook.
The only drawback is that it is not used like a conventional frying pan. They require technique, until the non-stick is acquired. It does not contain toxic materials.
Stainless steel is one of the most used materials in the kitchen. It is one of the most chosen in the manufacture of healthy pans thanks to its properties :
- Wear resistant. Stainless steel is made from an alloy of 18% chromium and 10% nickel, which makes it one of the hardest and most resistant materials.
- Easy to clean. Healthy pans made with this material do not need to be washed with specific products. They are resistant to corrosion, so they can be washed in the dishwasher, like any other dish.
- Very resistant to high temperatures.
- Suitable for all types of cuisine. It does not matter if your kitchen is induction, glass-ceramic, or gas. Healthy pans made of stainless steel are compatible with any kitchen.
- In making healthy pans, it is a good option as it does not use chemical non-stick ingredients. This implies that, when cooking, the pan will not release any residue that affects the flavor of your dishes.
As for models of stainless steel pans, as in everything, there are several ranges. First of all we want to show you what the Ferrari of stainless steel pans would be, and we are not talking about design or superfluous aspects (which you may like more or less), we are talking about practicality, resistance, non-stickiness, finishes and durability. And in this, the leading brand is Fissler.
It is a brand that, for 170 years, has been designing and manufacturing the highest quality frying pans in Germany. Their quality standards are so high that each pan is unique. They are more expensive than any generic skillet, yes, but their durability is unmatched.
Iron pans require more care than stainless steel pans, but in the long run, they turn out to be a good investment, both in money and in health and nutrition. This material is another of the most used in the manufacture of healthy pans. And all thanks to the properties offered by the material:
- They are strong and durable. By buying an iron skillet, you won’t have to renew it every year. Thanks to the material with which they are made, these pans will remain intact for several years.
- They are suitable for all types of cuisine. Again, you won’t need to update your pan set if you update your kitchen. Plus, these pans are oven- compatible .
- They do not release any substance with use. Iron pans do not have any chemicals or chemical non-stick coating. This means that, when used in the kitchen, they do not affect the quality and flavor of your dishes. You can cook in a healthy way, making sure that your dishes are natural, without added chemicals.
The only downside to this cast iron skillet is that it is not dishwasher safe. But it is worth it, if we can cook healthier dishes for ourselves and our family.
As for iron pans, the great reference has been, is, and will be for many years the well-known Le Creuset. This French-made cast iron skillet has been in the finest kitchens for many decades and deserves your every compliment. It is not an inexpensive product, but it is one of those products that can last you several decades. Yes, decades.
PFOA AND PTFE
Previously, we have told you that iron and stainless steel pans do not release toxic residues when cooking, and that is why they are good options for healthy cooking.
But what kind of toxins could other types of pans and pots release? The most common poisons, which contaminate dishes and food, are pans with PFOA and PTFE.
- PFOA: They are the acronym for perfluorooctanoic acid . It is a chemical that was used to stick the non-stick coating to the pan. When subjected to high temperatures, this chemical pollutes the air, and sticks to food.
- PTFE: It is the acronym for polytetrafluoroethylene. What this chemical provides is anti-adherence to the pans. The problem is that, at high temperatures, it releases toxic gases. These gases stick to food, and can be inhaled, as they are concentrated in the air.
For this reason, it is necessary to look for pans without this kind of products, in order to carry out healthy and natural cooking.